I’ve read several RPG-themed webcomics. My favorite is Adventurers! (yes, the artwork gets better in later strips).
The artwork is mostly penciled and very rough-draft, but that doesn’t mean it’s not good. Honestly, I like the penciled strips more than the occasional (every 100 strips) color ones. And I love the sense of humor. The goblin dating the beholder, the chimera’s dorky heads, the Spy vs. Spy parodies, the lich king weeding the orc’s garden… classic.
But one of my favorite characters has to be the kobold pirate, Captain Fang. Every line he ever speaks is an utter non sequitur.
- *gasp* Apples!
- Hi baby! Wooo!
- I like turtles!
- Squids have ten tentacles! Ten! Cool, eh?
- *gasp* An ant!
- What a lovely day for a stroll on the beach!
- My ole man’s a dustman…
- I stepped on a turnip.
- My honey has bee spit in it.
- There’s a duck in my shoe!
- Oh wow! Clouds!
- Snap! Pick up two!
- I see a bad moon arisin’… (Okay, this is the one that’s not a non sequitur.)
- I’m a little teapot!
- Did you bring shoes for the candy-canes?
- I wan’na be a sandwich!
- Heeeeeeere ferret! ferret! ferret!
- I’d like to renew this library book, please.
- That’s a lovely strawberry tart, Mrs. Schultz! I’d love another, thank you!
- Don’t step on the grass.
- Once I saw a chicken with three wings!
- My pants are too tight.
- It’s okay to play with an Oreo.
- Remember not to put all the books in one box!
- “I’ll give you five bucks” I told him.
- I have a sandwich!
- Would you like a cheeseburger with that, Ma’am?
- He can spell his own name F-N-G.
- Don’t kick the sidewalk, I’m a lemon teaser.
- I’ve got a paperclip under my tongue!
- That’s a mighty fine set of bowling balls, Mister MacGregor!
- You’re always welcome at our house, our house…
- Is that an acorn? Wow! Neat!
This has been a daily strip for over two years, so there’s plenty of archives to dig through. Start at the beginning (not work-safe) and happy reading!